Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Photoshop 2 - Frog Tongue


The image pictured above is my Photoshop image of a frog tongue.

The process used in creating this image involved Adobe Photoshop. My second time using Photoshop, I was much more comfortable creating this computer art than my previous creation of "hungry pancakes." The process involved the isolation of a frog using the Crop Tool and Magic Wand Tool. The Magic Wand Tool was arguably the most useful tool, and was invaluable to the entire process. The tool allowed me to select a region of pixels with a similar color, and the Inverse option allowed me to effectively select any shape I want. In this case, the tools allowed me to select only the frog. Moving the frog onto the tongue and adjusting it with the Transform function, I used the Clone Stamp Tool to add the color from the tongue to the frog. After that, I used the eraser on a low opacity setting to remove the unwanted appendages from my frog. Following the eraser, I played with the shadows using the Drop Shadow layer style, adding depth and blending the frog and the tongue successfully. Lastly, I used the eraser and the Dodge / Burn Tool to soften the edges and blend the two layers for a perfect transition from tongue to frog. With all the steps completed, my frog tongue was finished.

Overall, the process of Photoshop was easier during this project. I understood plenty of keyboard shortcuts and could easily navigate the pile of menu options to find the most important editing functions, and also knew how to use many of the tools. The process was much quicker, and I also found myself less picky and more satisfied with the end result. The Magic Wand Tool was the most interesting one for me, allowing me to effortlessly isolate a unique shape from its original background. During this project, I was able to apply old techniques as well as learn new ones. I utilized the Transform function and the low-opacity eraser, and learned how to used the Clone Stamp Tool and many others. Overall, I expanded my knowledge of Photoshop, and created a interesting piece of computer art.

No comments:

Post a Comment