Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Photoshop 1 - Hungry Pancakes


The image pictured above is my Photoshop image of pancakes with teeth.

The entire process involved with creating this image was completed in Adobe Photoshop. First, I began with two images: one stack of pancakes, and a fish with gaping jaws. Using the Liquify Filter, I used the Bloat Tool and the Warp Tool to adjust an opening in the stack of pancakes. When I was satisfied, I worked on the fish image. Using Lasso Tool on the Polygonal setting, I was able to easily isolate the jaws portion of the fish. I adjusted the size and dimension of the jaws using the Transform function. Slight adjustment to the size of the hole and the size of the jaws allowed me to comfortably place the mouth onto my pancakes. The last step involved some small adjustments. Adjusting the hue of the jaws, I was able to achieve a light-brown / yellow color, which fit well with the overall color of the pancakes. Using the eraser on a low opacity allowed me to soften the edges around the jaws, effectively blending the two previously separate layers together. Lastly, I cut some of the raspberries from the image and arranged them to appear as eyes, completing my vicious pancake monster.

Overall, the process was not too difficult. As it was my first time using Photoshop, the process was time-consuming and frustrating in some aspects. The separation of layers was difficult to understand at first, which led to difficulty cutting and pasting. Utilizing the eraser involved careful manipulation of the mouse, requiring patience and coordination. Throughout the process, I learned a variety of keyboard shortcuts, as well as how different tools can be used to edit an image. The Lasso Tool was probably the most useful, allowing me to effortlessly isolate sections of pictures for my Photoshop needs. All in all, I enjoyed my first experience, and look forward to understand more about the program and its technicalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment